Inks Lake State Park
Post date: Jan 26, 2015 2:11:02 AM
Who: Troop 1409 and Crew 1409
Where: Inks Lake State Park
When: March 27-29, 2015
What: Canoeing & Backpacking
- Inks Lake State Park: http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/inks-lake
- Directions: http://tinyurl.com/pv2fefg
- Park Map: http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4507_015k.pdf
- Inks Lake Fish Hatchery: http://www.fws.gov/southwest/fisheries/inks_dam/
- Weather: http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/TX/Burnet.html?MR=1
What to pack!
Sleeping gear (tent (may be shared), pad, sleeping bag)
Mess kit (plate, spork, cup)
Cook Kit (stove & pot (may be shared)
Hygiene Kit (toothbrush, etc)
Food (easy to cook or no-cook food)
Water (3 liters)
May want to pack an extra set of clothes to leave in car in case you get wet during canoeing.
- Jill Douglass (AH)
- Rich Michelson (H)
- Joseph O'Neil (HP)
- Jennifer O'Neil (HP)
Scouts(S);Venturers(V);Consent form signed (C), Paid (P); Agreement for use of likeness (A);Health form (H)
- Anna Dzurenko (ACHV)
- Chris Reisling (VH)
- Lynna Benhamou (VH)
- Eric Reisling (SH)
- Andrew Michelson (SVH)
- Evan Jewett (SVH)
- Logan O'Neil (HSP)
- Evan Jewett (HSV)
- Sean Johnston (HSV)
Friday March 27th
Depart from Wells Branch MUD Annex
Car #1 (Joe): Departs 4:00 pm
Car #2 (Marisa): Departs ??
Car #3 (Jill): meet at 4:45 pm
Wear your uniform.
Make sure you have 3 liters of water!
Eat before you leave OR stop in Burnet for a quick dinner.
Check in at Park headquarters to get parking permit.
Park at Pecan Flats Trail head parking log adjacent to headquarters.
Hike 1 mile to Pecan Flats campground. I anticipate claiming campsites 1 - 4.
Cook hiking dessert!
Wake up at 7 am.
Pack day pack with lunch and canoeing clothing!
Eat lunch on the trail.
Load into cars and head to State Park store to collect canoes.
3 pm: Attend canoe class and enjoy.
Fill water bottles, shower, etc.
Drive back to Pecan Flats trail head.
Hike back to campsite.
Wake up at 7 am.
Leave campsite at 9 am to hike back to trail head.
Pile into cars and head to Fish Hatchery for tour.
Start Hatchery Tour at 10:30 am.
Lunch at the Hatchery
Pile into cars and head home at 12:30 pm.
Arrive at Annex at between 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm.
- fish production
- morphology (way more fun than it sounds!),
- a fun hike up the Overlook Trail for a little geology and a great view!
- and maybe some unproductive Master Casting (no fish, but accuracy matters!).
- Jill Douglass: both ways
- Joe O'Neil: both ways
- Marisa Riseling - Friday
- Rich Michelson - Sunday
Site A: "Girls Camp" - Jill, Anna, Lynna
Site B: "Adult Camp" - Jenn, Joseph, Rich
Site C: "Scout Camp" - Connor, Eric, Logan, Sean
Site D: "Boys Camp" - Chris, Andrew, Evan
Scouts must bring their own backpacking food for the following meals!
Friday: Dessert/Cracker Barrel
- Camping ($10) + Canoeing ($10) + Misc* ($5) = $25
(*misc - camp fuel/gas)
To Do List:
- Consent Forms
- Health Forms
- First Aid Kit
- Roadside Emergency Kit
- Meal Plan (who's buying, bringing, cooking)
- Travel Plan
- Car #1
- Joseph O'Neil
- Jennifer O'Neil
- Logan O'Neil
- Car #2
- Marisa Riseling
- Eric Riseling
- Chris Riseling
- Andrew Michelson
- Connor Michelson
- Car #3: meet at 4:45 at annex
- Jill Douglass
- Anna Dzurenko
- Lynna Benhamou
- Sean Johnston
- Evan Jewett
- Car #1
- Campsite Plan (who is camping at which site)
- Activity Consent Form: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=Y3JldzE0MDkuY29tfGhvbWV8Z3g6NDJiYmUwM2UxNjBlNTA4ZA
- Use of Likeness Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxfbXY7fBmthbERfTUVWSk1MOXJJa1Q3a0kyR3ZMeHpjMGpr/view?usp=sharing