El Camino Paddling Trail II
Post date: Oct 25, 2016 7:44:04 PM
Who: Crew 1409
What: Canoeing on the Colorado River
Where: Bastrop, Texas
When: November 11 - 13, 2016
Cost: $10 (excluding food)
Friday, November 11th
- Meet at the annex at 5:30 pm for pizza. Wear your uniform!
- Leave at 6 pm.
- Drive to Griffith League Scout Ranch (424 Oak Hill Cemetery Rd, Bastrop, TX 78602).
- Arrive at around 7:10 pm.
- Set up camp (in the dark)!
- Dessert (8 ish)!
Saturday, November 12th
- 7 am: Get up and eat breakfast.
- Leave by 9 am to travel to Fisherman's Park in Bastrop
- Paddle, paddle, paddle, eat, paddle, paddle, paddle
- 2 - 4 hours later, take out at Lost Pines Recreational Trails.
- Return to Griffith League Scout Ranch.
- Induction Ceremony.
Sunday, November 13th
- Get up and eat breakfast.
- Leave by 11 am to return to the annex.
What to pack!?
This campout is in November, so prepare for cold weather! Remember jackets, hats, gloves, and a warm sleeping bag. This is a car camping trip, so you are not limited on gear, BUT it all has to fit in our vehicles, so do not overpack.
Personal cooking gear
Cold weather clothes (plus extra set in case you get wet)
You will be given a 2-gallon ziplock to store a spare set of clothes during the canoe trip. If you endeavor to keep dry, you won’t need them.
- Car wash sponge
- Dry bag
Let us know if you need to check out camp stoves or kettles (or any other equipment!)..